- Garden plots at the Collective Roots Community Garden on Woodland Avenue, the only community garden in East Palo Alto;
- Connections to other backyard and urban Gardeners and opportunities to share knowledge and build community;
- Assistance with becoming a Certified Producer in San Mateo County, and the opportunity to sell your produce at the East Palo Alto Community Farmers’ Market;
- Use of a full-service indoor greenhouse in East Palo Alto, great for growing starts and maximizing the growing season;
- Seed and produce swaps with other gardeners in our community;
- Access to the East Palo Alto Seed Library, a free source of locally viable, organic seeds for year-round gardening;
- Access to the East Palo Alto Tool Lending Library, a resource that includes all the tools necessary to build and maintain your own home garden, and also features special food preservation equipment for preserving your home harvests;
How to Join:
All that’s needed to join the Backyard Gardener Network is a completed application. The network is free to all members who are residents of East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park!
Read about the Backyard Gardener Network and our awesome backyard gardeners in the news!
- Collective Roots helps older people grow vegetables and income (AARP article)
- Winter gardening can yield results (EPA Today article)
- Greens turning in to dollars (EPA Today article)