In the Spring and Summer of 2014, the following internships are currently open:
Media (5-7 hours per week)
- Are you interested in telling the story of Collective Roots’ community impact? Work with our evaluations team to interview participants, create videos, and communicate our work through social media.
Fundraising (3-5 hours per week)
- Are you interested in learning how to write a successful grant proposal or raise money from individuals for a cause? The Collective Roots Fundraising Intern will work directly with the executive director to prepare proposals to foundations, corporations and government entities to solicit funding to maintain our critical work in the community. The fundraising intern will also have the opportunity to learn skills in individual gift solicitation and donor database development.
Massage Therapy (flexible schedule)
- Do you need to get hours for your CMT licensing? The Collective Roots massage therapy intern is the place for you. You will have the opportunity to provide much needed therapy to overworked and underpaid bodies. You will need to provide your own massage table and/or chair.
- Food System Change Intern (20-30 hours per week)
Are you interested in supporting adults and community members in their efforts to make healthier choices for themselves and their families? Work with our Community Based Programs teaching nutrition, sustainable home gardening, and healthy eating to adults. In this internship you will focus on helping overcome barriers to healthy lifestyle choices for residents of East Palo Alto, and will be exposed to the fundamental challenges of creating a just and sustainable food system.
- Free at Last Intern (10-12 hours per week)
Are you interested in breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty and creating meaningful employment opportunities in East Palo Alto? Work with Free at Last, a residential drug and alcohol rehab and prison re-entry program in East Palo Alto, to establish market scale gardens, develop job skills, and generate revenue through selling home-grown produce at the East Palo Alto Community Farmers Market.
- Urban Farming Intern (5-15 hours per week)
Are you interested in making healthy, environmentally sustainable food more accessible in East Palo Alto? Work with the Center for Urban Agriculture to develop and maintain our urban farm, a source of produce for our educational programs and the East Palo Alto Community Farmers Market.
- Farmers Market Intern (6-8 hours per week, must be available on Wednesdays, must speak Spanish)
Are you interested in supporting sustainable farmers and ensuring high quality produce is affordable for low income consumers in East Palo Alto? Work with the East Palo Alto Community Farmers Market to ensure the long-term success and viability of the only farmers market in EPA in over 18 years.
- Garden Programs Intern (10-20 hours per week)
Do you want to encourage healthy eating and environmental stewardship with youth at an early age? Work with our youth programs and help teach nutrition, healthy eating, environmental conservation to youth all over East Palo Alto.