Market Manager Assistant
Collective Roots seeks a highly detail-oriented and organized individual with good public communication skills (English and Spanish) to assist the Market Manager in managing the East Palo Alto (EPA) Community Farmers’ Market (Wednesdays from 11a-2p), planning and implementing the matching programs, and performing related administrative tasks and outreach activities throughout the market season. The farmers’ market provides access to healthy, local food for the EPA community, serves as a marketplace for emerging farmers and food vendors, as well as a community strengthening space. This person reports to the Market Manager and plays a critical role in supporting a rapidly growing nonprofit.
This is a part-time (between 12-15 hours per week) and temporary (now through November) position. Available immediately. Compensation is $15 per hour.
- Assist in managing the EPA Community Farmers’ Market and supporting matching programs:
- Attend all Wednesday markets, arriving one hour before opening and leaving one hour after closing
- Assist in management of vendors, volunteers, customers, and matching programs participants at farmers’ market
- Manage implementation of matching programs, data collection, and record keeping
- Provide weekly progress reports
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing/promotional efforts for the market
- Assist in development of cultural accessibility to the market by multiple language groups
- Assist in recruiting farmers and vendors, specifically emerging local vendors
- Assist in recruiting, training, and managing market volunteers
As needed, assist Collective Roots’ team with events and campaigns
- Experience in nonprofit farmers’ market (preferred) or business management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in nonprofit, farmers’ market, business management, or related field
- Demonstrated communications and marketing experience with diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from different backgrounds
- Bilingual or high proficiency in English/Spanish (required)
- Self-directed and proficient at creative problem solving and organizational development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Google platform (Google Drive, Groups, etc.), and other database systems
- Other digital media and technology skills (Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, etc.) (preferred)
Compensation: Salary - $15/hour. The position is part-time (between 12-15 hours/week) and temporary (now through November), possibly including some evenings and weekend days.
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Place “Market Manager Assistant” in subject line of the e-mail. Please, no phone calls. The position is open until filled. Position will be removed from website when filled. Interviews will begin immediately.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Collective Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, we value diversity and actively solicit qualified applicants from all ethnic and racial backgrounds. Our board-adopted policy prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, or any other basis prohibited by law.